The Editorial Board accounts in its activities the principles of correlation in a triad «Author – Reviewer – Editorship». The trust of public to objectivity of the process of criticizing and quality of the published articles in a great deal depends on how the possible conflicts of interests are taken into account at criticizing and decision-making about a publication.
The conflict of interests can arise up in case that a reviewer, member of editorial board or employee of editorship, relates to the worker which can subjectively influence on a decision about a publication. The conflicts of interests can also arise up as a result of academic competition, personal liking and antipathies, financial relations etc.
Rights and obligations of an Author
- The authors of the articles have a right to use materials of the published article:
– in lectures on conferences or for education;
– in the dissertation work;
– in the fragments of the next articles.
- The authors take the responsibility for:
а) pointing of potential conflicts of interests, which can influence on a decision about the publication of their work;
- b) objectivity of opening the sources of a research which is published;
- c) correctness of writing of the personal data (last name, first name, patronymic; information about scientific qualification (scientific degree, scientific rank); information about place of work and position; pin data of authors);
- d) keeping the authorial obligations foreseen by the current legislation.
Rights and obligations of a Reviewer
- A reviewer has a right to refuse the expert evaluation of the scientific paper, without explaining the reasons of refusal, except reports about the conflict of interests.
- Reviewers have an obligation: a) to expose to the members of editorial board any conflicts of interests, which can influence on their opinion about the article (publishers must be informed in time about the possible conflicts of interests, in order to regulate operatively the process of criticizing); b) not to use in the own interest knowledge about researches, described in the article before publication.
Rights and obligations of the Editorship
- The Editorship of the Collection has a right:
- a) to choose or decline the materials of manuscripts;
- b) to place the article fully or partly in the Internet on the web page of the Collection and other informative resources;
- c) to use the metadatas (title, name of author (legal owner), annotation, bibliographic materials and others like that) of the article in a way of distribution and taking to general known, processing and systematizations, and also involving into the international scientifically-metrical databases and informative systems;
- d) to keep and process the personal data of an author without limitation of term with the aim of their including to the database under the Law of Ukraine No. 2297-УІ «About the protection of the personal data» from 01.06.2010 (last name, first name, patronymic; information about scientific qualification (scientific degree, scientific rank); information about place of work and position; pin data of authors; information about the presence of the printed works in the national and international databases of scientific literature with the aim of their further processing for realization of searching operations in these databases).
- The Editorship takes the responsibility for:
- a) timely producing of the Collection;
- b) placing of the articles fully or partly in the Internet on the web page of the Collection and other informative resources;
- c) quality of materials, published in the Collection.